Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ebay Hauls...

I may have been having a little too much fun on ebay recently. Nothing too extravagant, but I'm enjoying most if it so far...


- Grace L&Y Acetone pump ($1.99 from lillyyangstore) - love this thing, makes dispensing acetone so much easier in addition to preventing spills. Since I tend to be accident prone and have already spilled acetone (on me, my keyboard and my computer) this really helps. It also has a nice cap locking feature which prevents it from dispensing at all.
- 3 brushes ($1.99 from lillyyangstore) - #0, #00, #000. I am very impressed with these, cannot wait to try them
- Cuticle pen ($0.99 from lillyyangstore) - The packaging for this says OPI, but it most certainly is not... The name OPI is even blurred out on the auction item photos which I did not notice at the time and just thought I was ordering a generic cuticle pen, not an OPI knockoff. However, it smells great and feels nice on my hand so no complaints here.

And... just for fun and giggles, here is what the box says vs what the pen says (spelling mistakes courtesy of the pen, not me for once... :D)
Box: "This unique natural revitalizing complex blend of peach extract, mango extract, calcium, safflower oil and vitamins to nourish moisturize and protect cuticles and nails"
Pen: "This noturol revitolizing comtiex blend of Peacn extract, mango extract,peach mango and vitaminstonourish,moisturizocuticie oil pen and protect the cuticles andnails"
Box: "Brush on your cuticle lightly and massage gently 3-4 times a week"
Pen: "Apply one drop to eachcuticle and massage genfly,3-4 times per wek"
So maybe the box is authentic? ;)

- Glass nail file ($1.50 from bestelectronic-store... yup, that's right, electronic) - Cute Gemini design because I'm a June baby, but lots of others to choose from - it is much smoother and finer than my Sephora glass nail file that I have been using.
- 20 Nail Stamping Plates ($9.98 from keyhere) - I didn't have high expectations for the price, but there are quite a few nice designs here and I will be testing them out soon. Plates: M07, M08, M09, M50, M55, M56, M59, M62, M63, M64, M66, M69, M72, M75, M77, M81, M83, M84, M88, and M91

Here is a close up of the plates. Click on the image to zoom in for details.
You can see a lot of the designs are not even centered on the plate, but as long as they work, that's all that matters to me...


The back of one plate was etched with a splatter pattern... I'm assuming acid spill, but I may have gotten an extra stamping pattern ;)


More goodies:


- Avon Wicked Malice polish ($1.75) - gorgeous deep red!
- Nail Stamper/Scraper ($2.99 from 99hk) - Not impressed with this one. The surface of both ends of the scraper were wavy and not smooth. I had to file them down to get an even surface. The green end now works fairly well, but the pink end is way too soft and doesn't transfer the pattern at all
- Liner brushes ($0.99 from circle607) - nothing impressive, very plain, but I don't care as long as they work well
- Stickers ($0.01 - 0.05 from various sellers) - some big spending on these here ;)... I got a few of them for a penny which really freaked my credit card company out seeing those charges one after another...

Also got some striping tape ($2.09 for all 10 from bijouterie-de-amelie). Each came individually wrapped.

Lots of fun colors to choose from...

See, told you I had some fun on Ebay and managed to keep my wallet is still intact. I got everything in this post for about $25 total :D

Did you have any fun finds on ebay recently?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what manicures you will create with all this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg thats such an amazing haul!!
    the tape colors are sooo pretty!

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that's a massive haul :) Looking forward to your manis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I wish I had more time in the day to just play with all of this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you did awesome i cant believe you only spend 25 dollars! thanks for putting the links im going to def. check them out! if not i think i'll have to hire you to do my Ebay shopping. hahaha

    great post!
    cant wait to see how you use the stripping tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've ordered many things from the electronics store, they're great! also, enjoyed seeing your haul, thanks for sharing your sellers

    ReplyDelete
  7. @MCDiaz, I had way too much fun with ebay, hope you'll enjoy too. Let me know if you try any of this stuff :)

    @Manicured Monkey, thanks :)
    have you tried their nail files?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...