Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tutorial: Faded Glitter Flag

I am pretty pathetic when it comes to following through on creating tutorials. This is one was requested a year ago, after this 4th of July manicure. I actually made the tutorial a few months later, but it seemed out of place to post it with the holiday so far behind. Now with 4th of July just a couple of days away, it is the perfect opportunity to share this with you...

Supplies:
  • White base polished (Wet 'n Wild French White Cream used here)
  • Red glitter (OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It)
  • Blue glitter (OPI Gone Gonzo!)
  • White nail art polish or striping brush to use with any white polish
Steps:


Instructions:
  1. Apply desired number of coats of white polish
  2. As shown above, cover approximately two thirds of the nail at a diagonal with red glitter
  3. Apply the blue glitter to the remainder of the nail, toward the base
  4. Using a striping brush and white polish paint a stripe where the two glitters meet
  5. Paint additional lines over the red glitter, parallel to the first line
  6. Add a top coat and you are done!
That's all there is to it! Hopefully you can see how easy it can be and will give this a try yourself!


Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I may try this for Thursday as I definitely haven't had any inspiration for the 4th. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! And much easier than what I did this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely one of my favorite 4th of July looks! (as I've been seeing them everywhere) I loveee the way the color is sparkly and faded, it kind of looks like denim to me. Gorgeously done. I also did a 4th of July nail art tutorial on my blog, but your look puts mine to shame! :( haha

    http://www.icingontheface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! I'm happy that you find this pretty or something you'd like to try! I'd love to see it if you do try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this now! good job :)

    Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you give it a try! Please let me know if you do :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...